Introducing UC Summer Abroad
UC Summer Abroad is the name UC Merced uses to refer to all of the study abroad opportunities available to UC Merced students through our sister campuses like UC Davis and UCLA. Programs might be led by UC professors or they might facilitate enrollment at international summer schools abroad. Students will work directly with the administering campus on the application and payments for the program. The Office of International Affairs advises students on UC Merced processes and issues relevant specifically to UC Merced students and financial aid is still processed by the UC Merced Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
Advantages of UCSA
UCSA is unique in that it combines some of the advantages available also through the UC Education Abroad Program because the programs are UC programs, but UCSA has a variety of summer options much greater that UCEAP while keeping costs competitive. Here are some of the core advantages of UC Summer Abroad:
- All units transfer as UC units automatically once students request transcripts be sent to UC Merced.
- All available federal and UC financial aid travels with students when a student files a summer financial aid application.
- There are many summer options from which to choose.
- GPA requirements tend to be a 2.0 and good academic standing.
- Application deadlines tend to be more later and often more flexible compared to other summer programs.
- For faculty-led programs, courses are designed like UC courses for UC students.
UC Summer Abroad has aggregated all UCSA options on one searchable website.
Individual UC summer programs abroad can be found here: