Skip to content

Course Approval Forms

Students will use Course Approval Forms to fulfill degree requirements with coursework from study abroad. Upon acquiring the syllabus, students can take the following steps to have their coursework approved:

  1. Make sure syllabi are available in English; you may need to submit English translations if the syllabi are in another language. Syllabi should include a description and summary of the course, required texts and readings, and a week-by-week course outline.
  2. Submit Course Approval Forms for substitutions of individual courses, major and technical electives, and GE requirements:

If attempting to fulfill a UC Merced requirement after completing a course abroad, students should be prepared to submit additional course materials such as papers or reading lists.