Targeted at third-year college students with USA citizenship, this program aims to build connections between the USA and Canada through paid research internships over the summer. Awards are as high as CA$7,800 for 10-12 weeks between May and August, 2023. Applications are due by September 20, 2022.
Why is this a big deal?
Most international internships are unpaid. Often, to get financial aid, you study for academic credit, but internship programs for academic credit usually mean that students will have some out-of-pocket costs, unless they are quite successful with scholarship applications. This program, however, is not for academic credit but offers awards of up to CA$7,800, or about $6,096 as of August 10, 2022.
The second notable aspect of this award is that it is a Fulbright award. These are awards are arguably the most recognizable awards for your résumé or CV as you pursue your career or graduate studies.
- Access to the prestigious worldwide Fulbright network (the Globalink program will not impact the eligibility to apply for Fulbright Student programs);
- Access to Canada’s top research facilities;
- Opportunity to gain valuable international experience;
- Rewarding experience combining academic research, professional skills, and personal growth;
- Grant of up to CAD$7,800
Participants in this program must:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited university located in the United States ;
- Be a United States citizen, and hold a valid U.S. passport;
- Have at least one semester remaining in their program of study as of Fall 2023 (this program is not suitable for 1st-year NOR last year students);
- Have a competitive grade point average;
- Be available to spend between 10 to 12 weeks in Canada between May and August;
- Apply by September 20, 2022, at 11:59 PM Eastern