Finances & Financial Aid
You are hereHome › Finances & Financial Aid
Study Abroad Affordability
Study abroad is affordable for UC Merced students for a number of reasons…
- 100% of the total program cost—including airfare—is calculated in your financial aid package
- There are many semester and year programs cheaper than living in Merced
- Most UCEAP students see no difference in the total net cost compared to living in Merced for a semester abroad
- 100% of financial aid transfers for UCEAP students
- Students can apply for $1000s in scholarships to replace loans
Financial Aid & More Financial Information
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships updates information on study abroad and financial aid right on their website.
Financial concerns should never prevent you from pursuing your dream to study abroad. The cost of many of the programs is comparable to the cost of staying at UC Merced.
- Program costs covered by Financial Aid
- Financial Aid eligibility
- Financial Aid & UCEAP Student Finance contacts
UCEAP students will find that the program is closely integrated into the financial aid processes of the University of California and students are allowed to apply any funds received through Financial Aid to their time abroad.
- How to Apply