Gilman Scholarship Tip #1: Order Transcript
UC Merced Study Abroad Stories of Interest
The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship is a great source of funding for UC Merced study abroad students and many of our students are ideal applicants. The deadline for summer 2016, fall 2016, and the 2016-17 academic year is March 1, 9:59 PM California time.
The official transcript requires forward planning as it takes time to arrive after ordering. At this point here is your best, cheapest, most hassle-free option:
- Order by the end of business on Friday, February 26
- Order a paper copy (do not purchase the e-transcript)
- Pay for standard delivery & send it to your study abroad advisor (see directions)
Students usually order the transcript online. Check the instructions from the UC Merced Office of the Registrar. Here are the recommend steps:
1. Follow the Registrar's link to the Student Clearinghouse and go to order a transcript:
2. Select University of California-Merced from the list and submit.
3. On the next page, click the "Start" button.
4. Enter your personal information and be sure to select "No" when asked "Are you requesting your transcript be sent via electronic PDF?"
5. Enter whether you are currently enrolled at UC Merced.
6. Select "Business or individual" as the recipient type and select "Other" from the drop-down menu for the intended recipient.
7. Select your study abroad advisor as the recipient (click to zoom):
Be sure to use your study abroad advisor's name, to select "Mail" as your delivery method, and to add Gilman Scholarship information to help us identify transcripts without having to open them. Also be sure to select "Now" for processing.
8. Continue to confirmation and payment screens.
If you inform your study abroad advisor that you have ordered an official transcript to be delivered to them, they can keep an eye out for it.
Advisors can also provide you with a PDF scan of your transcript.
Start Your Application
Ready to apply? Head over to the MyStudyAbroad Portal to begin your find your progam and being your application today.
- How to Apply